On 1st July, one of the smallest states within the EU took on the Presidency, Luxembourg.
In it’s priorities document, it set out the main aims and objectives for the next 6 months are presented under the following sections:
- Stimulating investment to boost growth and employment
- Deepening the European Union’s social dimension
- Managing migration, combining freedom, justice and security
- Revitalising the single market by focusing on its digital dimension
- Placing European competitiveness in a global and transparent framework
- Promoting sustainable development
- Strengthening the European Union’s presence on the global stage
From this list we can see that employment and economic growth at the heart of the EU.
It will be interesting to see how this manifests it’s when the Parliament and the Commission return from their vacation in 2 weeks time.
If you or your organisation require any assistance with these, or any other advice in dealing with politicians at any level, please do not hesitate to contact me on
firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0141 333 6560